Constructing RFC2822 Message

Tim Williams (gmail) tdwdotnet at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 12:12:06 EST 2005

On 5 Dec 2005 06:27:44 -0800, Narendra <narendra.amirinenis at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> This is narendra from india doing my engineering.
>
> i need to develop an E-mail client in python,which connects to my MTA
> on port 25 and sends email from there.
>
> I was able to do that but my e-mail is ending in bulk when i'm trying
> to senf to hotmail/msn.

Hotmail score spam/junk/ on several criteria.   Including whether the msg
has a msg-id  (yours doesn't) and whether the envelope sender and
recipient(s)  match the header sender and recipient(s).   Have a look at the
headers from spam and not spam in your hotmail account to see what sort of
headers each type has (or hasn't).

Also,  you may be better off using smtplib for the sending portion,   the
error types will be more informative if there is a connection or sending
issue.

HTH :)

--

Tim Williams