[EVALUATION] - E04 - Leadership! Google, Guido van Rossum, PSF

Ilias Lazaridis ilias at lazaridis.com
Sun Dec 25 20:54:45 EST 2005

Python Leadership was a weakness [1] and becomes now a threat for
python, thanks to Mr. van Rossums employment at Google.

-

I've wrote the Leadership list prioritized (Google rules, Mr. van Rossum
follows, PSF watches and accepts).

The core developer of an open-source-project is 'captured' by an giant
(Google).

The giant  does not inform the community directly, e.g. whilst posting
an official statement to this media or with an official anouncement
(which clarifies the details of the deal).

Mr. van Rossum does not inform the community directly.

The Open Source Project (PSF) does not inform the community directly.

Just a thread with a little bit rumour.

Guido at Google
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/msg/07c299b817dca256

Really, this does not make a very professional impression.

And this has of course nothing to do with "Leadership" - which should
protect an community from wasting time and energy with unnecessary
assumptions and speculations.

-

[1]

Within this thread (which contained a simple rational change-suggestion)
i've finally contacted the foundation.

[EVALUATION] - E02 - Support for MinGW Open Source Compiler
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/msg/0d2aad11f0516918

The foundation had reacted by email, but just with some justifications.

Mr. van Rossum has reacted, too. This led to some funny (and off-topic)
conversation, which was closed to be published (but finally he decided
opposite).

And very finally he suggested that I suffer from some mental disease.
Many people simplify: "what I don't understand, must be nuts".

I hope that he understands now (possibly he has the courage for an
apology?):

http://lazaridis.com/core/index.html

.

--