python coding contest

Claudio Grondi claudio.grondi at freenet.de
Thu Dec 29 07:29:10 EST 2005

Simon Hengel wrote:
> Hello,
> we are hosting a python coding contest an we even managed to provide a
> price for the winner...
>
> http://pycontest.net/
>
> The contest is coincidentally held during the 22c3 and we will be
> present there.
>
> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2005/wiki/Python_coding_contest
>
> Please send me comments, suggestions and ideas.
>
> Have fun,

It seems, that the site had some trouble to stay online and especially
to provide the ranking today.

I am a bit dissapointed, that my idea of not duplicating, but utilizing
the efforts others put into solving the job (titled by the submitter ID
'TheParasite') which resulted in a submission of a 15 Bytes large full
functional module was evaluated as having a 'syntax error' problem and
was placed in the ranking at the position according to the size of the
331 byte large .zip archive it was put into along with some necessary
installation instructions.

By the way: trying to submit along with the module complete installation
instructions and comments failed because there is a 345 bytes limit for
size of allowed uploads.

Claudio