Add to python path in Linux

ninhenzo64 ninhenzo64 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 20 11:13:48 EST 2005

Hi,

I am trying to use wxPython under Linux. Unfortunately, our system
administrator has gone home for the holidays so I cannot get him to
install the libraries properly. However, I have unpacked the libraries
in my home directory, so if there was some way of adding this to the
path that Python searches libraries for, I think I can get around this
problem. Does anyone know a way of doing this? Basically I want to be
able to run this command in python:

>>> import wx

The variable PYTHONPATH doesn't seem to exist. Well, this bash command
returns nothing:

<bash$> echo $PYTHONPATH

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers,