MidiToText : EventDispatcher instance has no attribute 'sysex_events'

tim info at timvets.net
Fri Dec 30 12:49:14 EST 2005

Carsten Haese wrote:

> On Fri, 2005-12-30 at 09:52, tim wrote:
>

>> Trying to convert midi to text using MidiToText.py.
>> I get the following:
>>
>> midi_port: 0
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>  File "MidiToText.py", line 176, in ?
>>    midiIn.read()
>>  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\midi\MidiInFile.py", line 24, in
>> read
>>    p.parseMTrkChunks()
>>  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\midi\MidiFileParser.py", line
>> 167, in parseMTrkChunks
>>    self.parseMTrkChunk() # this is where it's at!
>>  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\midi\MidiFileParser.py", line
>> 129, in parseMTrkChunk
>>    dispatch.sysex_events(sysex_data)
>> AttributeError: EventDispatcher instance has no attribute 'sysex_events'
>>

> Try changing "def sysex_event(self, data):" in
> ...\midi\EventDispatcher.py to "def sysex_events(self, data):"
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Carsten.

Yes thank Carsten! it works.
Now I am trying to generate a string or a list from the output of
MidiToText instead of printing to the console.
I tried simply replacing the "print" in MidiToText by "return"
everywhere, and renamed it to MidiToTextFile so that I would be able to do:

 for test_file in fulldir:
   f = open(test_file, 'rb')
   # do parsing
   from MidiInFile import MidiInFile
   midiIn = MidiInFile(MidiToTextFile(), f)
   f.close()
   outmidtxt.write(midiIn.read())

or something, to have the text version of several midi's written into
one large textfile, but I got lost somewhere along the way....
how to do this?
...thanks again