Making immutable instances

bonono at gmail.com bonono at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 02:36:30 EST 2005

Mike Meyer wrote:
> bonono at gmail.com writes:
> > Quoting the frequently used term "Practicality beats purity". If I have
> > a practical problem/needs now and it solves it, why not use it ?
>
> In other words, you have a use case. Cool. Please tell us what it is -
> at least if it's better than "I think that's bad style."

Huh ? I said that if I need "immutable instance", I won't hestiate to
use __slot__, I didn't say I have a need.

In other words, I see __slot__ as a solution to the problem, I am not
saying I have the problem in the first place. The "practicabilty beats
purity" is used to support this using __slot__ situation, not about the
need of immutable instance.