ANN: Dao Language v.0.9.6-beta is release!

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch bj_666 at gmx.net
Tue Dec 13 06:54:42 EST 2005

In <slrndpnnet.m4i.mordor at fly.srk.fer.hr>, Zeljko Vrba wrote:

> Actually, after I learned Python, I value "funny squiggles" in other
> languages even more. It's very annoying, for example, that I can't split
> a long line in the following way:
>
> print a + b +
>   c + d
> print "other statement"
>
> I guess I'm required to insert some unneccessary () around the long expression
> to disable the white space parsing..

They are not unneccesary.  At least not in Python.  Unless you use the
line continuation with trailing '\' which is a bit uglier than parenthesis
(IMHO).

And you want to trade occasional parenthesis for mandatory curly braces? I
guess it leads to much more braces or other explicit end markers for suits
than the few "unneccessary" parenthesis one has to use to group long
expressions.

Ciao,
	Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch.