Problem cmpiling M2Crypto

Thomas G. Apostolou thomas.info at hol.gr
Thu Dec 1 08:48:00 EST 2005

"Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote in message
news:dmmkus$u5n$1 at sea.gmane.org...
> Thomas G. Apostolou wrote:
>
> >> C:\Program Files\Plone 2\Python\lib\distutils\extension.py:128:
> > UserWarning:
> >> Unknown Extension options: 'swig_opts'

> > I am in a quest to find where this comes from.
>
> google can provide a hint, at least:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/distutils-sig@python.org/msg00084.html

That was realy some help! Thank you.

I changed %rename back to %name as Heikki Toivonen sujested and changed the
setup.py to read as:

m2crypto = Extension(name = '__m2crypto',
                                       sources = ['SWIG/_m2crypto.i'],
                                       include_dirs = include_dirs,
                                       library_dirs = library_dirs,
                                       libraries = libraries,
                                       extra_compile_args = ['-DTHREADING',

'-DSWIG_COBJECT_PYTHON'],
#                                        swig_opts = [swig_opts_str] # only
works for 2.4
                                       )

What i get now is the warnings about %name is deprecated - witch i think is
better than the errors about "Syntax error in input(1)".
The message about "C:\Program Files\Plone
2\Python\lib\distutils\extension.py:128: UserWarning:
Unknown Extension options: 'swig_opts'" is gone.
I still get the error:
"SWIG/_m2crypto.c(80) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
'Python.h': No such file or directory
error: command '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\BIN\cl.exe"'
failed with exit status 2"

witch is -as Heikki Toivonen told- because of lack of Python.h
I do not hane this file anywhere in my PC.
Could anyone sujest of a package to install that contains Python.h and that
would be of use for me later on?

Thanks in advance
Thomas G. Apostolou