Recommend an E-book Meeting the Following Criteria (Newbie, Long)

Veli-Pekka Tätilä vtatila at mail.student.oulu.fi
Thu Dec 15 12:01:58 EST 2005

gene tani wrote:
> Since your'e experienced, you might be
> able to just dive in with Python in Nutshell and Python Cookbook
> http://safari.oreilly.com/JVXSL.asp
Based on the reviews and extras the nutshell looks good. I've just realized
that you can combine Python and Java. THat would really give me the best of
both worlds, I think, as speed is not an issue. That is I could write the
GUIs in Swing, and they would even be accessible unlike TK on Windows. Then
I can use python for text processing and file operations for which Java's
OOP seems heavy and cumbersome. Great stuff. Perl cannot pull this off
unless you count the Sleep language but it is not quite the same thing. So
that''s at least one good reason to really learn Python.

--
With kind regards Veli-Pekka Tätilä (vtatila at mail.student.oulu.fi)
http://www.student.oulu.fi/~vtatila/