Which Python web framework is most like Ruby on Rails?

paron rphillips at engineer.co.summit.oh.us
Tue Dec 20 07:51:40 EST 2005

Wow! You´re right, at least at first reading. It looks REALLY simple,
and almost anything you can dream up will work. Python scripts,
python-in-html, html-in-python, and "karrigell services" ( based on
CherryPy). Seems to support smart urls, sessions, authentication, and
internationalization out-of-the-box. Documentation seems clean, short,
and to the point.

Has anyone other than Kerrigell himself used it? I think I will use it
around the shop for a desktop project just to get the feel of it. I am
not sure about the Gadfly db -- fine as a default for development; but
I'd need other options for production.

My answer to the perennial Python newbie question, "What do I use for a
GUI (please-please-please-I-hope NOT Tkinter or any derivative
thereof)?" may change to, "Just say 'Kerrigell' and do it in the
browser."

Ron