can't find socket.ssl() on win32

Heiko Wundram modelnine at bit-bukket.org
Wed Dec 7 12:15:56 EST 2005

ds wrote:
> i'm running under win2k trying to implement an ssl socket, and keep
> getting the error
> File "C:\Code\Python\ssl\NewsSrc.py", line 67, in connect
>      ssl = socket.ssl(sock, None, None)
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ssl'
> i'm running this under ActiveState version 2.2.2, but i have also tried
> under ActiveState version 2.3 anyone have any ideas?

IIRC socket.ssl wasn't available under Windows (because of it relying on the
OpenSSL libraries), but I can't seem to find any reference to documentation
at the moment... You can always use m2crypto which implements SSL sockets
under Unix and under Windows.

http://sandbox.rulemaker.net/ngps/m2/

HTH!

--- Heiko.