python coding contest

Duncan Booth duncan.booth at invalid.invalid
Tue Dec 27 12:41:31 EST 2005

Tim Hochberg wrote:
> This is interesting. I have a six line solution that is 133 characters
> long. I use no long integers, which is what's interesting; two
> distinct solutions with the same length. I played with long integers
> for a bit, and I can see how one could use a single long integer, but
> no idea how one would use three.

I have a 131 character solution with 3 large numbers. Once you've figured
out how to use 3 numbers there's actually quite a variety of options to use
different numbers in subtly different ways: I was stuck on 133 characters
for quite a while, but I think the trick is to think of ways to make the
numbers smaller.