what's wrong with "lambda x : print x/60,x%60"

Sybren Stuvel sybrenUSE at YOURthirdtower.com.imagination
Tue Dec 6 08:04:47 EST 2005

Fredrik Lundh enlightened us with:
>> def somefunc(x): return x*5
>>
>> How is that a multi-line function definition?
>
> but that's namespace pollution! if you do this, nobody will never ever be
> able to use the name somefunc again! won't somebody please think about
> the children!

If you use that as an inner function, it only "pollutes" the local
namespace of that function. How's that influencing the rest of the
world?

Sybren
                                             Frank Zappa