Which Python web framework is most like Ruby on Rails?

Paul Rubin http
Wed Dec 21 03:59:00 EST 2005

"Pierre Quentel" <quentel.pierre at wanadoo.fr> writes:
> I am Karrigell's author. I have chosen the GPL licence almost at random
> (I saw that the Python licence was GPL-compatible), so I don't mind
> switching to another Open Source licence if the GPL is liable to cause
> problems. Which one would you advice : BSD ? Python licence ? another ?

My own hope (not shared by everyone obviously) is that you will stay
with the GPL, but make clear that applications that simply run under
Karrigell but don't modify the Karrigell code aren't subjected to the
GPL.  That should satisfy Kent's concerns.

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/pragmatic.html for some reasons to
use the GPL.

French version: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/pragmatic.fr.html