Still Loving Python

Lawrence Oluyede raims at dot.com
Tue Dec 13 11:11:16 EST 2005

Il 2005-12-13, Kamilche <klachemin at comcast.net> ha scritto:
> Python still suffers from the lack of a good GUI, which I believe is
> slowing its acceptance by the programming community at large. (I know
> about tKinter, no need to post links to it, thanks.)

Let me say I'm not agree, I'm developing a lot of GUI based stuff in PyGTK
and I'll never look back. The API is not perfect but suits our needs. I'm
a Gnome lover and hence having Gnome-style GUIs it's awesome. Add the plus
that is easy and powerful and you have a good toolkit to work on. I think
that the same thing can be said about the QT-side (not sure about wx,
don't like it at all).

Python *does* have GUI, you only have to decide which one you prefer.

ps. the customer wants Windows as a platform, we develop on Linux using
PyGTK, postgre and sql server for some old data. This is the true power of
cross-platform :)

--
Lawrence - http://www.oluyede.org/blog
"Anyone can freely use whatever he wants but the light at the end