Dectecting dir changes

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Fri Dec 9 18:37:43 EST 2005

On 9 Dec 2005 09:56:03 -0800, chuck <cmedcoff at gmail.com> wrote:
>Hmmm, that is an interesting idea.  I've noticed the new book on
>Twisted, thinking about picking it up.
>
>I assume that this little snippet will handle multiple/concurrent
>incoming transfers via threading/sub-process, is scalable, secure, etc?

Correct, except for the threading/sub-process part.  Events from sockets are handled in a single thread in a single process.

>I could even run it on a non-standard port making it a bit more
>(ob)secure.

Indeed, although I mainly suggested it because I thought you were tied to FTP.  If you actually have security concerns, you might want to use SFTP instead (which Twisted also supports, but to which the code I sent is only partly applicable).

Jean-Paul