python24.dll and encodings ?

Bugs dont at spam.me
Wed Dec 7 23:55:38 EST 2005

I believe I read in a relatively recent thread that the reason
python24.dll is so large compared to previous releases is that all the
language encodings are linked into the library?

Are there any plans for future releases to split the encodings out so
that, for example, if someone wanted to make a smaller executable using
py2exe without all the language encodings, they could do so?

I suppose one could always compile their own version of the python24.dll
but for those of us that are compiler-challanged, splitting out the
encodings would be nice.

Is that even feasible?
Thanks!