Enumeration idioms: Values from different enumerations

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Fri Dec 16 19:42:18 EST 2005

"Ben Sizer" <kylotan at gmail.com> writes:
> Transitivity within any single enumeration plus transivity of
> equivalence across multiple enumerations, should be enough for most
> needs, no?

+1 to transitivity within an enumeration. -1 to transitivity across
enumerations. If they're supposed to be equivalent, why are you
separating them into different enumerations at all?

The whole point of an enumeration, as I see it, is to have a set of
values that are only meaningfully equal or sequenced within that
enumeration.

--
 \       "You've got the brain of a four-year-old boy, and I'll bet he |
  `\                      was glad to get rid of it."  -- Groucho Marx |