Python packages on OS X vs Windows

gene tani gene.tani at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 10:53:44 EST 2005

Kenneth McDonald wrote:
> At the moment I'm doing most of my stuff on a Mac, but I've been
> considering also getting
> a Windows laptop. One of the reasons is that I've found it very
> difficult to get certain
> Python related things running on the Mac; for example, if one wants
> to use the most
> up-to-date Python on the mac, rather than the one installed by Apple,

Imageine the WIndows marketing push: "Switch", "It just works"... ;-}

I went the othe way, I just bought my first mac a month or so ago, I
love it (and textmate and Komodo).  So i go to install python and ruby.
 I find the python-mac-sig is perfect, finite volume (~20 threads for
December so far) and Bob Ippolito is right there answering questions.

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Browse/Collapsed/pythonmac-sig/