what's wrong with "lambda x : print x/60,x%60"

Sybren Stuvel sybrenUSE at YOURthirdtower.com.imagination
Wed Dec 7 19:07:14 EST 2005

Steven D'Aprano enlightened us with:
> Once the lookup table is created, you shouldn't use that function
> again -- at best it is just sitting around like a third wheel, at
> worst it might have side-effects you don't want. So I del the
> function.

I'd prefer to check the lookup table, and raise a descriptive
exception if it already exists. That'll be a lot clearer than the
error that a function doesn't extst, while it is clearly defined in
the source.

Sybren
                                             Frank Zappa