some suggestions about GUI toolkits?

Chris Gonnerman chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net
Wed Dec 28 19:32:04 EST 2005

iclinux wrote:
> I have to build a GUI applicaiton that could run on different OS such
> as windows and *nix, which GUI toolkit is better?

I've had good luck with both Tkinter and PyGTK.  I don't really like the
look and feel of Tkinter, though it has gotten better over time; but
PyGTK involves a couple of extra installs on Windows (first a GTK+
runtime and then the PyGTK module).  I've had a LOT of people tell me
how great WxPython is but I've never used it.  I think it may involve
more prerequisite installations than PyGTK but frankly I don't know.

-- Chris.