Robotics and parallel ports

Isaac T Alston sleepingeliminator at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 14:22:31 EST 2005

Basically, I'm thinking about building a robot which can be controlled by
programs which I write, I'm going to interface to the robot through the
parallel port (like in this tutorial here:
linuxfocus.org/English/May2001/article205.shtml). However, I know that this
will probably need to be done in low level C. Now, although I can code in
C, I don't particularly want to :-) , instead I'd like to use Python. I'm
wondering, is there any way I can access the parallel port and the kernel
module parport using Python?

Many thanks.

Regards,

--