pyparsing and LaTeX?

Tim Arnold tiarno at sas.com
Fri Dec 9 10:15:29 EST 2005

>"Ezequiel, Justin" <j.ezequiel at spitech.com> wrote in message
> >news:mailman.1884.1134123479.18701.python-list at python.org...
>> Anyone parsing simple LaTeX constructs with pyparsing?
>
> Greetings Tim,
>
> Have always wanted a way to parse LaTeX myself.
> Unfortunately, I have been moved to a different project.
> However, I am still very much interested.
> Did you ever get a reply?

Hi Justin,
Yes, I did, from the pyparsing forum on Sourceforge. Paul's responses are
excellent and his help for my simple needs really got me started.
http://pyparsing.sourceforge.net/

For now I'm working on a tag translator to convert from one LaTeX tagset to
another, which is a pretty simple task compared to writing a full parser
like pyLaTeX
http://pylatex.sourceforge.net/

--Tim