Python 2.4.2 make failure in posixmodule on OSX 10.4.3

smurphus E.A.Gottschalk at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 00:56:29 EST 2005

Thanks for the reply, Martin.

I know a bit of C.  I thought maybe I was missing something simple,
since I don't have an exotic system configuration.

Re: lchown
the file posixmodule.c in Python does include <sys/types.h> and I have
that header where it should be, i.e. /usr/include/sys/types.h so I
don't know why it tells me lchown is implicitly defined after the
include.

The next error with statvfs.h perhaps makes more sense.  I do not have
/usr/include/sys/statvfs.h on my system, and the statement #include
<sys/statvfs.h> is in an include guard, #if defined(HAVE_FSTATVFS).  I
assume that's not being detected properly by the configure script?

I hope that information is of some use.  Not sure where to go from
here.

Thanks.