Still Loving Python

DH b at c.d
Tue Dec 13 18:13:25 EST 2005

Ivan Voras wrote:
> Maybe the OP really wants a GUI builder.
>
> More than 5 years ago, i programmed in Visual Basic and Delphi and I
> still miss the wonderful ease of graphically creating the user interface
> in WYSIWYG mode. If you haven't tried it, you don't know what you're
> missing :)
>
> I only know about Glade and similar GUI builders (Boa) and they are not
> even close to the robustness & ease of use. Are there any easy GUI
> builders for any Python-supported toolkits?

Search for QT Designer.  It's the best designer you're going to find by far.
http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/pyqt/
http://www.opendocs.org/pyqt/
http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/ctrubyqt/

It's a shame though because pygtk and wxpython are probably better gui
apis for python, but their gui builders are no where near as nice.
QT Designer lets you drop in controls as you are designing, and THEN
apply layout constraints, instead of the reverse like in other gui
builders.