PyCon: Two weeks left for early-bird registration

Anthon van der Neut avanderneut at pinnaclesys.com
Thu Dec 22 04:50:59 EST 2005

Dear Mr. Kuchling,

While registring for the Python conference Verisign indicated the data I
indicated was incorrect and that my transaction was declined based on that.
As the Bank of America was unable to get my family name correct on my
credit card (it has spaces), and neither could include the correct
writing of the streetname where I live (it has an ß). Because of this
mismatch with reality I tend to make mistakes in providing that kind of
information, so I tried multiple times, every time with the same result
of declination.

Today I noticed that the $185 was booked of my BoA account anyway, and
that multiple times, although all the transactions were indicated as
declined.

I have found no indication of how to contact verisign how to correct
this, so I apply to you (as you probably receive the money) to either
provide me with the contact information for verisign to correct this, or
to refund me the money in excess of the $185 for one person directly.

You might also want to indicate this misinformation on Verisigns part on
your PyCon website, to prevent other people from running into this problem.

Regards
Anthon