Windows Services

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Wed Dec 14 09:44:06 EST 2005

Mondal wrote:
> Can anybody tell me how to develop Windows Services (which are actually
> daemons) using Python.

Yes, anyone can tell you.  Anyone who can use Google that is.  Can you?

http://www.google.com/search?q=python+windows+service

(There are directly relevant answers on the first page of results.)

> Also what protocol is most suitable for
> developing a server-client application with the server running as a
> Windows Service.

I'd suggest whatever protocol is most suitable for developing
client-server applications with the server *not* running as a Windows
Service.  In other words, I don't think the manner in which the service
is invoked has much impact on the protocol you would use.

Generally the best protocol is determined more by what your server will
actually do, and performance requirements, than anything else.

-Peter