How to keep Pydoc from listing too much?

Tony Nelson *firstname*nlsnews at georgea*lastname*.com
Fri Dec 2 13:06:24 EST 2005

How can I tell Pydoc not to list information for some of the base
classes?  For example, when a class inherits from gtk.Widget, lots of
GTK stuff gets added that doesn't really need to be there.  Is there
some option to Pydoc to tell it to skip some classes?  Is there
something I can put in my source that is a hint to Pydoc?