Bitching about the documentation...

Sion Arrowsmith siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Thu Dec 8 12:46:20 EST 2005

Steven D'Aprano  <steve at REMOVETHIScyber.com.au> wrote:
>>> "Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."

(Good grief, I've not done that in *years*.)

>Buffalo from the city of Buffalo, which are intimidated by buffalo
>from Buffalo, also intimidate buffalo from Buffalo.
>
>I didn't say it was *good* English, but it is *legal* English.

I *think* that's similar to the one I know about the cannibalistic
behaviour of some oysters, which split open other oysters (to eat
them). It starts:

"Oysters oysters split split."

Oysters which oysters split become split.

But there's nothing to stop a third set of oysters predating on the
ones doing the splitting:

"Oysters oysters oysters split split split."

And so on. My brain hurts too much to work out if you can do the
same to the buffaloes.

And here endeth today's lesson in recursion.

--
\S -- siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk -- http://www.chaos.org.uk/~sion/
  ___  |  "Frankly I have no feelings towards penguins one way or the other"