Dr. Dobb's Python-URL! - weekly Python news and links (Dec 2)

rurpy at yahoo.com rurpy at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 4 23:56:35 EST 2005

Tony Meyer wrote:

> >> Note that the updated version of this is at: http://wiki.python.org/
> >> moin/HowTo/Sorting
> >
> > http://wiki.python.org/...
>
> Read the message more carefully.  Mail wrapped the URL - if you put
> it back together, it'll be there.  To make it easy, try:

Mea culpa, I did miss that.

> <http://wiki.python.org/moin/HowTo/Sorting>
>
> <http://tinyurl.com/bkwf7>
>
> > [...]
> > Maybe I should Goole python.org  What was the google syntax to
> > limit the search to one site?  I forgot.
>
> It's "site:", but even if you just left that out and used
> 'wiki.python.org sorting "how to"', the first link is the one you're
> after.  Laziness is no excuse.

You miss my point.  Having outdated documentaion distributed
with Python is the problem.  Have some newer stuff out on some
wiki is nice but does not fix the problem.  I know people don't like
writing and updating docs.  But that doesn't turn bad documentation
in good.

> > Wikis suck.  Update the damn docs.
>
> The documentation *has* been updated.  If you read the Python 2.5
> documentation (build it, or wait for Python 2.5 to be released),
> you'll see that it points to the Wiki.

Hmm, not sure what I think about that (pointing to wiki).