Disable 'windows key'

paul.sherwood at gmail.com paul.sherwood at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 09:55:11 EST 2005

Hi

Ive made a simple game for my 10 month old son. I noticed that (having
watched daddy) he loved to bash the keyboard whenever possible. So the
game simply displays various pictures of animals, accompanied by the
animal sound and printed name, whenever any keys are bashed 3 times. He
loves it. However, frantic bashing tends to mean that the 'windows key'
invariably gets hit thus causing the game to drop to desktop.

I wonder if there might be a way of disabling these keys within my
program. I realise there is a way of disabling them in the windows
registry, but i do actually use it for other things (namely winKey+e to
explore) so would prefer not having to do that.

OS: Win XP

regards

Paul

ps. if anyone has little 'uns and would like a copy of the source just
drop me a line.