python coding contest

Christoph Zwerschke cito at online.de
Sat Dec 31 04:56:33 EST 2005

Just wrote:
> Duh, sorry, it's early. 118 is better than 119. Printable or not :)
> Still, a 119 bytes version that is fully printable is pretty cool.

No, you're right, I also somehow missed the point. I believed "»" to be
"printable" (opposed to control char's) but technically speaking, the
consensus is that "printable" restricts to 7-bit-ascii (in Python,
string.printable does not even change if you change the locale setting,
contrary to string.letters; this is a bit unclear in the Python docs).

Mark's point was that his solution was purely 7-bit-ascii printable and
as such it was good although it was one byte more.

In the next contest, there should be subcategories for solutions that
are 7-bit-printable and/or have no imports.

-- Christoph