BUG trace realtime

malv malvert at telenet.be
Thu Dec 29 12:47:26 EST 2005

Hi Peter,
Thank you for your extensive reply.
In the meantime, I solved the problem. I had started out to trace the
path of the randomly arriving external data through the different
threaded processing stages. After one of those 'hangs', with some luck,
I was able to spot the cause of the trouble: a piece of old code that
wasn't supposed to be out there! Really dumb.
FYI, to my surprise, Python really quit. No more CPU time, no message,
nothing. I can't recall having seen this before. You are quite right
about queues. I use these extensively and carefully. This kind of
enabled me to trace the path of the externally triggered events without
too much of a hassle.
Thanks again,
malv