Eclipse best/good or bad IDE for Python?

Avizoa at gmail.com Avizoa at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 14:04:36 EST 2005

Though I tried most the above listed IDEs, sticking with a few for
awhile, I always find myself gravitating back to the one no one ever
mentions: IDLE. It's simple, fast, and with multiple monitors the lack
of tabs really isn't much of a problem.

The biggest reason I've found myself using IDLE is the
colorizing...I've found little support in other editors for builtins
having their own color. Granted, I haven't gotten far enough to bother
with that in some editors. Eclipse, for example, performs like a dog on
my dual opteron workstation w/ 2GB of RAM, which is more than enough to
annoy me. I shouldn't have to wait more than about 1 second for an
editor to start and then open what is essentially a text file :-P.