Windows and python execution

Mark Carter me at privacy.net
Mon Dec 26 11:43:14 EST 2005

BartlebyScrivener wrote:
> The installer can put python.exe in his PATH but if he's storing his
> scripts in some oddball place then he has to tell Windows where to find
> them.

I think you're misunderstanding what I was after. python.exe is already
in my PATH. What I was trying to do was execute a  python script without
having to type the word "python" explicitly. For that, you need the
"set" command that I listed in a previous post. Anyway, I want to be
able to put my scripts in "oddball" places, as they form part of
separate projects rather than a generally-runnable script. It doesn't
matter to me that Windows cannot find the script itself - because I just
go to the directory where's it's at.

The upshot is that my original problem has now been solved, and that
discussing the matter further will only likely confuse the issue.