Freeze doesn't import all modules . . .

Michael Williams mwilliams at mgreg.com
Fri Dec 9 09:06:13 EST 2005

Is there any way to FORCE freeze to import all necessary modules no
matter what?  I have noticed that a few 3rd party modules simply
don't get included in a "compiled" bundle.  More specifically,
"PEXPECT", and some of the required "AMARA" xml modules aren't
included when you freeze a python script. I've checked this out on
both Ubuntu 5.10 systems and Mac OS X systems.  Whenever I run the
compiled version on one of my "matching" systems, it simply tells me
that "there is no module pexpect" or that "there is no module dom".
To my knowledge, I shouldn't have to have *anything* installed on the
receiving system.  Is that not correct?

Regards,
Michael