Visual Python, really "Visual"?

Jonathan Ellis jbellis at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 14:06:16 EST 2005

Luis M. Gonzalez wrote:
> The IDEs you've been looking at have no visual GUI designers.
> For that, you can check Boa Constructor or PythonCard. These two are
> based on the wxPython toolkits. There are other commercial IDEs based
> on QT but I cannot comment on these cause I've never used them.

> IMHO, Komodo or WingIde don't offer anything that can't be found in
> free products.

You're poorly informed.  Komodo, for instance, does indeed offer a GUI
designer for tkinter.

Even where functionality is similar, Komodo and Wing are both
ridiculously more polished than the free alternatives.  For some people
that's not important.  For people that use their tools 40 hours a week
or more, it often is.

-Jonathan