Python IDE

Scott David Daniels scott.daniels at acm.org
Fri Dec 16 09:49:26 EST 2005

Martin Miller wrote:
> ... If someone with actual experience using Komodo with Python is
> listening, I'd be very interested in hearing what you think of it....
I got a copy of Komodo some time ago, and I love it.  I wanted a
fairly reliable "debugging" platform for a fairly large server
I was building (the business crumbled nastily), and I wanted to
step through the code to see where we were having problems.  I have
personally not had huge success using Idle for that (although it
doesn't really seem problematic for smaller stuff), and I have been
_very_ happy with Komodo.  Getting the updates w/o extra charge was
a bonus.  I was happy with the deal on the original version, so
these further improvements just make my deal feel better.

I don't regularly use Komodo, but when I do want it, it is invaluable.
My only affiliation with ActiveState is as a customer.

--Scott David Daniels
scott.daniels at acm.org