an intriguing wifi http server mystery...please help

jojoba at gmail.com jojoba at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 11:48:38 EST 2005

> Just a guess: could it be that your server is doing reverse-dns lookups?
> (i.e. it does socket.gethostbyaddr to get names by ip addresses,
> perhaps for logging or whatnot)
> This call is expensive. Sometimes this call takes ages to complete,
> if you have a broken DNS config.

Interesting...
But how do we explain that the server is fast on one computer and slow
on another (when both are wireless)?  This is my main mystery.
But perhaps i don't completely understand your point.
Could the above server-speed assymetry that i spoke of above be caused
by this reverse dns lookup?

Thanks for all the suggestions,
jojoba