Providing 'default' value with raw_input()?

planetthoughtful planetthoughtful at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 12:31:56 EST 2005

Hi Steve,

As keir mentioned, my goal is to be able to edit the value returned
from a record stored in SQLite, so that it can be updated with the new
value.

To give a little background: as a learning exercise I'm writing a
command line app that will allow me to quickly capture todo items
(based on a similar concept used by an app for the Mac described on
43folders.com). I have the functionality working for adding todo items,
and listing items by various criteria, and updating the status of
items, but haven't included any functionality for being able to edit
items.

It seems, according to kier, that this simply can't be done via the
command line in DOS, which is a shame.

Sorry I didn't explain myself very well in my original post.

Much warmth,

planetthoughtful