Providing 'default' value with raw_input()?

Noah noah at noah.org
Thu Dec 22 13:15:21 EST 2005

So you are saying that something like this would not work for you?

    current_record_value = get_value_in_database ('record_key')
    new_record_value = raw_default ("Enter new record value",
current_record_value)
    set_value_in_database ('record_key', new_record_value)

Maybe you are confusing this with TAB completion at the shell command
line.

I often use my own default_input function. I also add the ability to
HELP text
to the prompt, so if the user enters '?' then extra information is
printed.
Of course, that means

Yours,
Noah