Using XML w/ Python...

uche.ogbuji at gmail.com uche.ogbuji at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 01:39:09 EST 2005

"""
No, when i said
 "As far as it should work since their both transparent, umm, well its
not."

I meant that only mine isnt, maybe urs is but for some reason it isnt.
And you said amara works fine for you, ok, then could you tell me what
package to install...

I have installed Amara 1.1.6 for Python 2.4 and it works on python 2.4
only.
Now, which package should i download for it to work on any python
prompt:
      Allinone
      Standalone
      Or something else
"""

I've never used ActivePython.  I don't know of any special gotchas for
it.  But Amara works in Python 2.3 or 2.4.  The only differences
between the Allinone and standalone packages is that Allinone includes
4Suite.  Do get at least version 1.1.6.

If you're still having trouble with the ActivePython setup, the first
thing I'd ask is how you installed Amara.  DId you run a WIndows
installer?  Next I'd check the library path for ActivePython.  What is
the output of

python -c "import sys; print sys.path"

Where you replace "python" abpve with whatever way you invoke
ActivePython.

--
Uche Ogbuji                               Fourthought, Inc.
http://uche.ogbuji.net                    http://fourthought.com