Amara (XML) problem on Solaris

Doru-Catalin Togea doru-cat at ifi.uio.no
Wed Dec 14 06:13:04 EST 2005

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Alan Franzoni wrote:

> Also, are you sure the code is correct? I've taken a peek at the Amara's
> website, and the create_document() function seems to lie within the
> binderytools module. I think the line should look like:
>
> depending on the way you imported the module, but your previous code, if
> really working on Windows, makes me think you did something like:
>
> import amara.binderytools as amara
>
> or something like that?
> Please post some more code, if you can.

This is a simple test:

import amara

doc = amara.create_document()
doc.xml_append(doc.xml_create_element(u"units"))

print "OK"

On Windows XP Pro it runs like this:

C:\owera\test\xaps2-test>python amara-test1.py
OK

C:\owera\test\xaps2-test>

On Solaris it runs like this:

bash-2.03$ python amara-test1.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "amara-test1.py", line 3, in ?
     doc = amara.create_document()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'create_document'
bash-2.03$

Catalin

--

         <<     We are what we repeatedly do.      >>