Still Loving Python

TwistyCreek anon at comments.header
Wed Dec 14 08:49:39 EST 2005

Peter Decker wrote:

> On 12/13/05, Mike Meyer <mwm at mired.org> wrote:
>
>> > Why this need to have everyone do things the way you do?
>>
>> Whatever makes you think I have this need? I said I hated them. I'm
>> pretty sure I didn't say everyone should have to use them.
>
> Sorry, but there is a world of difference between saying "I prefer X over
> Y" and "Yes, Y is evil". And unless English is a second language for you,
> it's insulting to imply a difference between calling something evil and
> agreeing with someone who did, even if you added a smiley.
>
> This is a 'discussion' list. Nothing kills discussion faster than zealots
> who call those who disagree with them evil or idiots or clueless n00bs.

Except maybe anal retentive prats who argue semantics to cover up the fact
that they wouldn't know a for loop from a foreskin.

And by the by... visual tools ARE evil. <nfgaa>

It's like your dad getting his drunken bar buddies to plow your mother
because he's too  fat to do it himself. The unfortunate offspring of any
such union is equally the bastard be it human or machine. It will have
this queer tendency to have the same eyes as the guy over in the corner,
luxuriating in a puddle of his own urine.