Some errors when running code in diveintopython: (

Istvan Albert istvan.albert at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 09:02:49 EST 2005

must be something with your settings ...

I remeber once I had truly puzzling problem that manifested itself the
same way ... Firefox and cygwin python would work fine but the windows
python would raise errors when trying to connect via http ...

... finally I realized that the day before IE was set to use a proxy
server ( to capture traffic for testing but the proxy was not on that
moment) ... I know little on how Windows works but it was quite a
surprise that setting IE to work some way had some unwanted
reprecussions somewhere else ...