Bitching about the documentation...

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Mon Dec 5 12:26:55 EST 2005

    >> Sure, feel free to point of flaws.  Just don't let that be the only
    >> way you contribute.  Over time the value of your criticism (valid or
    >> not) will be discounted.

    bonono> That is quite interesting, if it is true.

Let me rephrase.  The discounting I referred to is largely subconcious.
When it is concious it's a roll of the eyes or a thought like, "Oh that
whiner again.  I don't have time for this right now."  And the 'd' key gets
hit.  I didn't mean to imply some sort of smoke-filled backroom where the
developers decide whose inputs to listen to.

Everybody applies such filters whether they think about it or not.  Here are
a couple of mine:

    Xah Lee?  Hit the 'd' key.

    Tim Peters? Read it no matter what the subject says.

Skip