Array construction from object members

MKoool mohankhurana at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 12:01:44 EST 2005

Hi everyone,

I am doing several operations on lists and I am wondering if python has
anything built in to get every member of several objects that are in an
array, for example, if i have a class like the following:

class myClass:
   a = 0.0

And lets say I populate the "a" element in an array of objects of
myClass.  If I want to retrieve all items in this and perhaps give it
to a mean function, I would need to make a loop now:

mySimpleArray = []
for i in range(0,len(myArray)):
    mySimpleArray.append(myArray[i].a)

There must be some more efficient way to do this, can someone point me
to the right direction so that I can review some documentation and get
things a little more efficient?

thanks!