Automate webpage refresh

Carl Friedrich Bolz cfbolz at gmx.de
Thu Dec 1 11:34:42 EST 2005

Hi!

DarkBlue wrote:
> I am trying to write a script (python2.3) which will be used
> with linux konqueror to retrive 2 webpages alternatively every 2 minutes.
>
> My question is how can I send alternative args (the url)
> to the same invocation of konqueror which I started with

This can be done using dcop, the KDE interprocess communication system.
  dcop can be used as a simple command line utility that sends messages
to running applications. The easiest way to use it is to just play
around with it on the commandline. For the konqueror usecase you would
do something like:

dcop konqueror-<pid> konqueror-mainwindow#1 openURL "http://google.net"

this command can easily be executed with os.system.

Hope this gave some hints,

Carl Friedrich Bolz