Which Python web framework is most like Ruby on Rails?

Raffaele Salmaso raffaele.salmaso at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 06:27:42 EST 2005

Pierre Quentel ha scritto:
> Hello all,
>
> I am Karrigell's author. I have chosen the GPL licence almost at random
> (I saw that the Python licence was GPL-compatible), so I don't mind
> switching to another Open Source licence if the GPL is liable to cause
> problems. Which one would you advice : BSD ? Python licence ? another ?
I think you should use the BSD or the Python License.
I've choose the BSD for my works, with these clauses (my intentions are
clearly stated, so no misinterpretation should be done):

modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

  1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
     notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
  2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
     documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
  3. If the binary program depends on a modified version of this package,
     you are encouraged to publicly release the modified version of this
     package.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS
IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED
TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT
HOLDERS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL,
SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED
TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR
PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING
NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS
SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

And it is almost the same of CherryPy, which you use.

--
()_() | Ho un cervello, non sono analfabeta e non sento    | +----
(o.o) | l'irrefrenabile bisogno di deturpare la mia lingua | +---+