PyCon TX 2006: Hotel problems

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Wed Dec 28 11:10:55 EST 2005

In article <pan.2005.12.28.15.44.00.450414 at xs4all.nl>,
Thomas Wouters  <thomas at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 10:06:43 -0500, David Goodger wrote:
>>
>> Don't forget to book your hotel room, too.  PyCon TX 2006 is being
>> held at a Dallas/Addison hotel, and we have negotiated a special low
>> rate:
>
>FWIW, for some days, the special-rate 1-2 person rooms are out of stock.
>Feb 22nd, 26th and 27th, to be precise, when I booked this morning. That
>means you can't conveniently book online (it will just tell you you can't
>get that group rate for your entire stay) but I was able to get it sorted
>over the phone. The hotel booked me for the 1-2 person special rate for
>most of the nights, and the 3-4 person special rate (still cheaper than
>most alternatives) the three troublesome nights. Anyone still
>trying to get their hotel reserved might want to keep this in mind.

They're not out of stock, they just fscked their reservation system.  Our
contract says that we get the special rate as long as they actually have
rooms available.  We'll post another announcement when the reservation
problems get fixed; at that point, we'll give ya'll the option of giving
us your reservation number (and we'll fix it for you) or handling the
problem yourselves.

"Given that C++ has pointers and typecasts, it's really hard to have a serious
conversation about type safety with a C++ programmer and keep a straight face.
It's kind of like having a guy who juggles chainsaws wearing body armor
arguing with a guy who juggles rubber chickens wearing a T-shirt about who's
in more danger."  --Roy Smith